29 January 2015 12:49
MQ: TRANSFORMING MENTAL HEALTH DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
1. This statement is a “fair processing notice” under the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and sets out what MQ: Transforming Mental Health (MQ) will do with the information that it collects from you during the grant/award application process and throughout the life of the grant/award (including all information relating to the grant/award application and, as applicable, any subsequent grant/award made).
2. Information (including “personal data” as defined under the Act) that you supply to MQ, including in any application and progress or update report, may be used by MQ to process applications and administer grants/awards, for the purposes of audit and evaluation and to monitor the fairness of and trends in application decisions. Your information may be disclosed for these purposes only to individuals and organisations connected with MQ including funding partners and external committee members. Your information may also be shared with selected third parties for the purpose of independent audit, evaluation and assessment of activities funded by the grant/award and their outputs and outcomes. All personal data will be stored and used by or on behalf of MQ in accordance with the Act.
3. MQ may anonymise your personal data and use it for research and statistical purposes.
4. MQ may publish details of successful grants/awards and their outputs, including your name, employing organisation, project title, a summary of the grant/award and its value and, in the case of grants/awards funding research, scientific/academic abstracts and lay summaries of research (e.g. via the internet or via publicly accessible databases or other publications).
5. MQ may contact you by email, post, or telephone about its activities and events, or to help inform or evaluate these activities and events, application processes and policy work. If you would prefer not to be contacted in any of these ways, please let us know by calling 0300 030 8100 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. MQ may amend this Statement from time to time. Any material changes in how MQ collects, uses or shares your personal data will be posted on the MQ: Transforming Mental Health website (www.mqmentalhealth.org).